Access controls enable you to see who is coming and going from your home and when. This alleviates worry and guesswork when it comes to the safety of your family and property. Below we outline how access controls work and how they can be applied to your daily life.
Two Types of Access Control
There are two primary types of access control: unique and temporary codes.
Unique codes are great for households with multiple residents, or those who use caregivers or other service professionals on a regular basis. Each person you designate to have access receives a unique code. Then, every time they use their codes to activate or deactivate the system, the activity is archived in an access log. This allows you to see who has entered your home and when.
A slight variation, temporary codes are unique codes that expire on a designated date. These codes are useful for babysitters, house sitters or other temporary service providers. Temporary codes give you peace of mind. If anything goes wrong, those left in charge have access to the security panel. However, after their duties are complete, access is revoked.
Implement Access Control Into Your Routine
Access codes can come in handy in a multitude of ways:
- Are you a working parent who is unable to be there when your children arrive home from school? Review the access log or receive alerts sent to your smartphone from your office to ensure that they got in safely. The log will allow you to see who has deactivated the alarm and if they reactivated it once they were safely inside.
- Use access codes to keep track of service providers. Refer to the archived logs to identify when providers arrived for work and when they left. These insights help you to determine if your providers stayed for the expected amount of time.
- Use the expiration dates on temporary codes to grant individuals access during only a specified time period. This is perfect for babysitters, house sitters and one-time service providers. A very handy feature for vacations!
- Opt in for alerts to give you real time updates on access information. You can set up customized alerts to notify you when someone enters, exits, activates, deactivates or any combination thereof.
- For increased security measures, pair video surveillance solutions with controlled access monitoring in order to have a complete, remote view of your home.
Call a BSG Expert Today to Learn More 855-MYSMARTHOME