With smartphone and tablet use on the rise, many of us have grown accustomed to anytime, anywhere access to information. Thanks to advances in technology, the same real-time availability is now available as part of many home security solutions. Through a mobile app or your desktop browser, interactive services, let you easily:
- Log in to view your system’s status.
- Monitor activity at your home.
- Watch live and recorded video.
- Arm and disarm your system.
- Set up user codes.
- Manage many other features.
For you, mobile access means ultimate freedom, control and convenience, whether you’re on the couch or across the globe.
Mobile Security Solutions in Action
Below are some sample scenarios to give you a glimpse of how mobile security solutions are simplifying lives.
- If you have kids, elderly parents or even pets at home, mobile security solutions give you the ability to check in 24/7 via real-time video to ensure everything is okay in your absence.
- Remotely unlock or lock your doors – a convenient capability to let cleaning services, unexpected visitors or caretakers in without having to give them a key.
- View activity reports that let you know if doors, windows, safes, etc., have been accessed to guard against intrusion or unauthorized entrance. Set up real-time notifications to send you alerts when questionable events occur.
- Program your lights from afar. Put them on a timer when you’re away so that your home looks occupied, making it less susceptible to burglary.
- Forget to turn your lights off or to adjust your thermostat? No worries; with mobile security, you can control connected appliances from anywhere, effectively lowering your energy bill.
- Manage and monitor second, rental or vacation homes without having to step onsite.
- Remotely set up interactions between sensors and lights. For example, if you’re coming home alone, maybe you want the hall light to turn on when the front door opens, so you don’t have to stumble through a dark house.
When it comes to mobile, the possibilities and applications are limitless, and all available at the swipe of your thumb. Based on your unique needs, your home security specialist can recommend the best setup and interactive services.
Purchasing Tips for Interactive Services
When evaluating systems and vendors, a few key features to look for include:
- Secure, password-protected applications, protecting you even if your device is lost or stolen.
- An easy-to-use mobile app interface that is intuitive and simple to navigate. Ask your sales rep to give you a demo of the solution to see it up close, or if custom onboarding or training is available with purchase.
- Clear contract and service-level agreements with no hidden charges or fees. Don’t get fooled with gimmicks that promise discounts upfront, but tack on added costs later.
- Quality service and support. A lot can be said about a company by the way their employees treat you during the sales process. Place your bets with a vendor that has your best interests at heart, not a quick sale.
- An assessment of your needs and property so that solutions match well with your lifestyle and security goals.
With a trusted partner, mobile home security solutions can give you the comfort and convenience you expect, and deserve.
Contact a BSG Expert Today to Learn More 855-MYSMARTHOME